Thursday, August 24, 2023

Self-compassion - adding another test. The overall pattern show's I have a balanced personality

I have previosly taken batteries of tests which togehter demonstrated that I have a balanced personality. Now I took another test - Self-compassion. Keff defines SC: Self-compassion involves acting the same way towards yourself when you are having a difficult time, fail, or notice something you don’t like about yourself. Instead of just ignoring your pain with a “stiff upper lip” mentality, you stop to tell yourself “this is really difficult right now,” how can I comfort and care for myself in this moment? The overall score indicated that I'm high in Self-compassion (3.88/3.0). Also, I scored low three important sub-scales: Self-judgement, Isolation, and Over-identification. 2 pages. 

Please support the blog via Swish (Sweden) or MobilePay (Finland).

I was searching the internet for references about compassion and stumbled on a Self-compassion. I have probably seeing it, but I don't remember using it.

I have previosly done other tests:

On July 9, I conducted a battery of tests: My profile on The Fisher Temperament Inventory, Helen Fisher's Personality Test, IPIP Big-Five Factor Markers, Big-Five, and MMPI-2

They showed that I have a balanced personality.

I also conduct a test where a computer read my facial expressions and based on that calculated big five:

Testing IVCV which shows my big Five profile based on a computers reading of My facial expression

The test was consistent with previous test.

Now I add a test for Self-compassion.

Keff defintion of Self-Compassion:


Link to source.
"Research indicates that self-compassionate individuals experience greater psychological health than those who lack self-compassion. For example, self-compassion is positively associated with life satisfaction, wisdom, happiness, optimism, curiosity, learning goals, social connectedness, personal responsibility, and emotional resilience. At the same time, it is associated with a lower tendency for self-criticism, depression, anxiety, rumination, thought suppression, perfectionism, and disordered eating attitudes" (Adams and Leary, 2007; Gilbert and Irons, 2005; Leary et al. 2007; Neff, 2003;Neff et al. 2005; Neff et al. 2007 a; Neff et al. 2007 b).


Link to source.

This third test, Self-compassion, showed the follwing:




The overall Self-compassion score (3.88/3.0). Also, I scored low on three important sub-scales: Self-judgement, Isolation, and Over-identification.

Please support the blog via Swish (Sweden) or MobilePay (Finland).

No comments:

Post a Comment